Saturday, August 9, 2008

Purpose of this blog



I have decided to write a blog about riding and women because I believe there are other women like me who have watched the mashing, whisking cyclists around me thinking I could enjoy exercise if I could just get on a bike. In the last two years since first deciding to ride, I have experienced so much joy and pain, exultant and humiliation, pride and fear. I have learned so much from so many in that time and although I did find enlightenment on websites, many times I had to dig for it.

The thing is, I don't want other women to have to dig for information. I want them to have as few barriers to riding as possible. I am sure I will not address everything, but hopefully, my words will occasionally help someone, somewhere enjoy riding more and get out more.

I suppose I want to be an evangelist for women riding, a Johnny Appleseed so to speak. I know there are others out there like me who really enjoy seeing others grab that golden ring of joy after the first long ride or that first climb up a monster hill--all without feeling like you need an ambulance afterwards. I want to find them. I want them to find me and others who share that quest.

If you would like information about something in particular, I encourage you to comment or email me and through my network of riding buddies, perhaps I know someone who has dealt with that or who has information about that. Together we can find the answers, as well as one key to better health, better experiences in the saddle and greater friendships along the way.

No comments:

What are you waiting for? Come out and join us...